Augh.... I have fallen into a trap! Apparently, here in Portland, we have some outstanding artists. Who knew? Turns out, I love the flavor of the art shows a lot. It is fresh with a whimsical spin (not too much though). The jewelry is incredible, check out my new craving. I love the way she paints these mini, earthy scenes onto the translucent background.
As for paintings, I fell in love with Rachel Austin's work. It is offbeat, quirky and random, but not... I need to pick up some art language. As it turns out, she is friends with Deb and I had the chance to meet her. Whoopee! Additionally, while at the super cool 30 x 30 art sale last weekend, I happened to pick up a piece of Carrie Hardison's work.
Her encaustic art is way too inviting. I thought the brown series just screamed Wendy and Martin (lovebird friends who got married this spring), so Merry Christmas. Here is the picture of their new piece (wish it was a better photo, but alas..).
Her encaustic art is way too inviting. I thought the brown series just screamed Wendy and Martin (lovebird friends who got married this spring), so Merry Christmas. Here is the picture of their new piece (wish it was a better photo, but alas..). I think they will love it...
No comments:
Post a Comment