1. School is out, phew! I love summertime. I wrapped up my paperwork early this year and can honestly say it was a pretty good last week of school. There were a few hiccups, but as with any lack of oxygen, a good dose of liquids washed them away (for now anyway). This was my 7th year, and I am not itching yet.
2. The parents have made the big move! I love their new place (now, fondly called "home"). There are some distinct perks about the place. It can hold a lot of people in the back yard. It has a great garden that is fenced to keep out the wildlife (more on that one in a minute). It has the best TV room upstairs, so cozy!! (Mom, I want that couch when you don't want it anymore). It is nestled in a private part of the neighborhood. Mom and dad look way too cute sitting on the porch together. Lots of parking places and a Bodega, oh yeah!
The wildlife is abundant including birds in a bag, bunnies who frolic in the morning and brazen deerlings. This is the one that wanted to take on the dog, in her kennel!
3. Turned another year older. Tried to put that off last year and got in trouble, so this year celebrated with a BBQ (thanks to the BBQ'ers for cooking) despite a hectic schedule. The day was another reminder how fortunate I am in so many ways. A loving family, thoughtful and faithful friends, a cozy home.
4. Celebrated grandpa's 90th birthday. He is aging as gracefully as possible. The weekend in Bend was about so many things, but what I really thought about was what an incredible family he has built.
My mother's brilliance actually brought both sides of our family together so we basically ended up with a huge family reunion. Way to go mom! This is a fine family photo: mom, grandpa, Aunt Bev and Uncle Stan.
5. Started planning France in earnest. I joined AAA so that I can take advantage of their trip planning and car rental options as well as back up in case I lock myself out (which never happens) or I get a flat again.
Things on the to do list: Get some euros, weed the grass growing in my strawberry patch, kill some bumble bees who have taken up residency in my porch, see a man about a car, fix my printer (buy some computer paper while I am at it), eat the fruits and veggies that I bought, have lunch with my neighbor and keep working on my "tan".
No comments:
Post a Comment