Saturday, April 28, 2007

sunburn and exhaustion

And when I thought my yard was "done", I was wrong... I spent 6 hours today in my growing sanctuary (loving every minute of course) doing about everything possible.

On my last trip home ~ wait, lets quickly establish what I mean on this one. Home is what I refer to as my parents house, the home I grew up in. Soon, this will no longer be "home" as in that place, but I think that wherever my parents are will be considered "home". ~I snagged a few of those really cool lava stones that one can only find in Central Oregon. I created a new walkway that looks fabulous, here's to less mud on the dogs feet trekking through my house. I mowed, fertilized, and weeded till my fingernails hurt. Can anyone commiserate with this one, fingernails?? I also designed my vegetable garden today. I will let my creative juices flow through the stones. This year it will be a wavy design made for a small blond neighbor who loves to play hopscotch in between the pumpkins and broccoli. Actually, Hannah likes the artichoke, go figure. I am having the first BBQ of the year tomorrow. I have spent 5 years creating a place that feels so comfortable and inviting that my friends and family want to hang out and relax. I think I have succeeded. My garden gate is always open.. just don't let the dog out.

No comments: