Friday, April 27, 2007

Nearly Perfect Day

Last Friday, I had a near perfect day. Mom was in town for some girl time so we hit Sellwood and the surrounding areas. Thursday night was fun~ Steff came over and we made sushi (Stacey style). I am getting better and better at making nice, tight rolls. We watched Thursday night TV and some cards were played. Friday morning, mom and I slept in.. who knew she was capable? For breakfast, we visited my favorite Friday place, Grand Central. Check out their website, and take a long look at their recipe vault... they list the rhubarb hand pies, yum! After eating bolos with egg and bacon, along with my nonfat with honey (yes, the Friday guy knows what I like, they might as well say, "Norm!"). In dire need to work off even just a little of what I just inhaled, we browsed our way down, with Bailey in tow (well, with me in tow, lets be honest...) to the Bowser Boutique. I learned a few things in the short trip: stamps are going up in May to 41 cents each but you can buy a 'forever stamp' which will remain (yes, forever) ok to use even when stamps cost $2 a piece, there are some people in Portland that don't like Bush (???), that there are a lot of antique stores in the area, and lastly that the bench overlooking Oaks Bottom is a great place to sit.

Next on the agenda (we didn't really have one, but it sounds organized) was the Crystal Springs Rhododendron Gardens . Having never been inside the sanctuary myself, we paid the admission fee and were pleasantly surprised. It is GORGEOUS in there! Bailey had a grand time drooling over the ducks with funny heads, the loons and the small rodents that scurry across the dirt path... yes, s q u i r r e l l s ( shhhh, we don't' say this word out loud). Friday afternoon (no, I wasn't playing hooky from work...) we did some plant shopping and I did some gardening while everyone watched me work hard. We dined on overpriced but good pizza and stayed up too late. All in all, a nearly perfect day. Saturday, I had to deliver mom home because dad missed her.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You said "organized"...

and "Bush"

...heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!