Sunday, March 11, 2007

Night Out!

The girls were out on the town last night! As always, I was not disappointed. Every time I get a chance to hit a new spot in Portland, I just have to jump. After some tasty little fig and cheese treats and some Rick Steve's France planning at Tristan's place, Amy, Deb,Tristan and I headed downtown to Gilt. To me this was the perfect dining out experience. Great company, really good food, and an excellent martini. Dad, you would have loved the steak I had, it was cooked perfectly, tender and on the salty side. Apparently it is Kobe Beef grown in, yes, Kobe, Japan. Who knew?

Mid-way through dinner, a Pub Crawl group stopped in to have some drinks. The group was led by a very tall, large-footed, big-haired trannie (mom, ask Steff what that is:). I felt really sorry for the couple trying to enjoy their drinks at the other table because of the somewhat drunk man that was compelled to chat their ears bloody. When his wife yelled at him to leave, all he could think to say was that they were "democrats" (I know...?) as she pulled him out the door. He did leave most of his drink at their table, as a gift?
All in all, a perfect evening with a beautiful, talented, smart and funny group of girlfriends. The picture that we took last night might end up on my fridge because for the first time, I think I have a 'core'. You know, the group that are your closest friends (besides your sister, a place that can never be taken by anyone else) that see you at your best and worst all in the span of a day? The group that has pictures taken when they are at the beach (Mediterranean perhaps), at dinner eyeing the handsome waiter, hiking (Wild Women), and at weddings (no one's getting married, just an example..). Here's to the core!

3 comments:

Deb said...

Stace--
You can link to our photo on Flick'r if you want to at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/barkdust/418378530/

If you click on "all sizes" it will take you to a new page. At the bottom of this page is the URL that you can copy into the photo tool on blogger.

Deb said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Amy said...

Thanks for being my core!

I heart you!