Sunday, November 05, 2006

Way too long

I haven't felt like I had anything to write about and I am not sure I do now, but I am tired of my pants story being what people see on my blog. I finished Mitch Albom's new book For One More Day, quick read and not what I expected. Had the almost perfect day yesterday.. Breakfast at Marcos, browsing through Annie Bloom's (great little book store in Multnomah Village), and checking out some craft shows that Deb found. Oh, can't forget to mention that I had the BEST cup of coffee ever from Crema... truly, perfection in a cup.

Today was slightly different.. was getting ready to go play volleyball when I got a call from my neighbor who needed some help. She thought her dog was dying and needed to go to the vet. She has no money but Dove Lewis would do the deed for free if she could get there. So we went. I was a good neighbor today.

The rain has set in and it is supposed to dump something like 5 inches in the next day or so. That means many things, but most of all it means that the drive to work will be messy, my lawn will grow in leaps and bounds and look really shaggy, my dog will get less exercise because I hate to walk in the pouring rain, but I will be more inclined to read my new book Ghost Map, chronicling the plague in London in the late 1800's. I have found a new interest in all things European (especially Parisian, Londonian (?), and Italian). Right this second I am watching football and wishing I could go to Germany in January because I found tickets for $323... hum...

No comments: