Thursday, September 28, 2006

R.I.P.

Literally... I sat. I heard. I felt. I stood. I panicked. I laughed. We fixed.

Imagine sitting down to begin the lesson with your Language Arts class ready and waiting. A leisurly stroll around the desks to make sure they are ready and I take my seat. A little noise sounds an alarm in my head as I hear this fttttt sound. Nothing but breeze. A little feel of the backside indicates that not only did the pants rip, but they ripped big! Interesting dilemma as I didn't want to tell the kids, didn't want to leave in the middle of the class, and wasn't really sure what to do. Deb solved the problem by laughing hysterically at me and then pulling out the Duct Tape. Yes, the Alaska-girl in her came out and she fixed my pants with a strip of DT (thanks Deb). I don't think the kids will forget it for awhile, but that's ok.

1 comment:

Deb said...

Thanks again for my biggest laugh in weeks!

d