Dad can fix anything, solve any problem and is willing to jump to help even if he misses out on something he wanted to do. These are just a few of the things that go through my head when I think of my parents, they are great and I hope they know it. This is the latest photo they took, that is their stonger but smaller new Sholes Mobile.
Tuesday, November 01, 2005
Mom and Dad
Have I ever mentioned how great my parents are? They keep an eye out for their struggling friends and spoil their kids like they were their own grandchildren. They take care of their parents as well as their own grown children. They love each other as completely now as the day they met (which happened to have been on the bus in the7th grade)- even after 37 years. In fact, they are more in love now than they were when Steff and I lived at home. I guess that is an assumption; however there is a lot of evidence to back it up. They laugh together- sometimes at each other, mostly with each other. They canoodle (that is not gross because I mean that they snuggle) and they still take vacations together. My mom patiently waits out all of the odd things my dad does and in return he puts up with all of her worrying.. She does this a lot- see the first sentence to figure out why. They have sound values (except the whole G-Dub thing) but don’t get too stuck on their way being the only way. When dad’s friends bail at the last minute on the hunting trip, my mother drives all they way to Egypt (AKA- Burns and beyond) and spends several nights warming him up and keeping him company while he is not looking for Bambi’s uncle, Elk. She makes dish towels and scarves, raspberry jam and the best rolls ever.
Dad can fix anything, solve any problem and is willing to jump to help even if he misses out on something he wanted to do. These are just a few of the things that go through my head when I think of my parents, they are great and I hope they know it. This is the latest photo they took, that is their stonger but smaller new Sholes Mobile.
Dad can fix anything, solve any problem and is willing to jump to help even if he misses out on something he wanted to do. These are just a few of the things that go through my head when I think of my parents, they are great and I hope they know it. This is the latest photo they took, that is their stonger but smaller new Sholes Mobile.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment