Sunday, May 11, 2008

Outer Beauty

I have been feeling a little frustrated with the continual dust and disorganization going on inside my house, so I took today to make the outside look good. No, it doesn't look good, it looks GREAT! Even though my soil is pretty rocky (in ancient times, this area was a big creek bed) it is very fertile. I seem to grow abnormally large things (rhubarb, Euphorbia)~ I am not complaining though. I threw some mulch on a few of the really dry/hard areas and apparently disturbed the birds who bathe in the dry powdery dirt, sorry.

I also planted the veggie garden this afternoon. I have corn, snowpeas, red and green cabbage, leek (who knew?), carrots, bell peppers (green/red/yellow), red onions and garlic. I have a feeling that I have forgotten something, a vegetable that I like but didn't plant. Guess I will have to figure it out later... meanwhile, the sun needs to start shining immediately. Enough is enough!

No comments: