Good news to report! Today is Tuesday, January 24th (2006) (payday!) and I am officially closing the chapter of remodeling titled "Getting new windows, a little bit of heat and having gas". I am finally warm with a steady 67 degrees in my house. The furnace project was "trying" at best and I am sure that people are sick to death of hearing my groans. However, it is finished and I am thrilled! Today, the electrician was back at the house to complete my gads Range project (for a while, I thought of it as "out of range") but.. I just cooked dinner on the stovetop and managed not to burn it (gas is so different, but so great)! I am over-using the exclamation points but who cares!! I am my own worst enemy (I was the ‘Comma Queen’ in college, so I have made some progress).
Fast forward almost an entire year… To December 26, 2006. To continue this blog entry, I can happily report that I might really close the chapter of remodeling re-titled “Getting new windows, a little bit of heat, having gas and a warm fire burning in the fireplace.” My furnace man, Shawn, was here again to complete the job he started last January. After cleverly drilling and gently manipulating my nearly 100 year old fireplace, we were able to retrofit a gas log set into the existing space. It looks amazing and feels even better (and burns cleanly and safely). I am now writing this in the warmth of my living room with a fire burning and Bailey laying peacefully in front. He likes the fireplace as much as I do. I welcome friends and family to come enjoy my new digs, I even have some wine and stinky cheese!
No comments:
Post a Comment