Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Construction Begins
Not rain nor sleet nor hail.. nor snow nor wind nor ice. Unlike the post service, the heating and cooling company does not brave the "treacherous" Portland weather to deliver. That is ok though, they started today and I am so excited! I was a little nervous when Shawn walked in and said, "Whew, big job... (mumble under breath). Don didn't tell me about that..." Turns out, my crawl space is really a fairly large space compared to many and he didn't have that bad of a time in getting in and out as he needed. Interesting things worth noting however- Cable company didn't seal the cable hole they drilled and water has been leaking into the basement- BAD (what is it with me and water??). The mice that I feared were camped out down there left evidence of having been there, but not half as bad as I was thinking. There are interesting pieces of junk down there, apparently a good place to hide those unwanted scraps of crap. Darryl seems to have a knack for doing that.. Tomorrow I get vents cut into the floor, a "plenum" (sounds kinky) and some ducts (not ducks). Day 1 of big install came to a close without any major fanfare- THANK GOODNESS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment